19 June 2007

Healing Cats

It's amazing how healing it is to watch a cat sleep. Make that a pregnant cat and make it a breezy afternoon.
Watching a cat sleep takes away some of the worry from the ebb of one's life...

Three nights in a row, the cat visits and company have become healing in so many ways. The pregnant cat is growing healthily, I’m happy to report. She esp loves it when I cup her preggie tummy in both hands and just hold her like that. Sweet thing. ;) and then when my hands move, she moves her body so that my hands will land on her lower back and thighs – gosh like a pregnant woman, she must want constant massage, attention – maybe it’s a tad heavy to carry that weight. Food wise whatever I give her is never enough. So now the family is instructed to feed her whenever I’m not around. I’m right now at aunt’s place again – for easier internet usage.

Then last night, wow – pure white mother cat with her gorgeously cute pure white baby cat decided to drop by the area where pregnant Sandy likes to sprawl herself in. White cats were HUNGRY. Woh. So hungry that they splattered the milk so bad they were soon licking it off the ground. Goodness. But later the lil kitty became so friendly with me, she was cuddling up in my lap trying to find grooves. Aww man it was so cute to watch and play with. Gorgeous lil thing. I must say all these cats have been lil acts of graces for me, whenever I’ve felt distanced from my regularity of life, alone from not being understood, or misunderstood in the contrary and inadvertently caused snags. Their unconditional giving of themselves is remarkable – sure they lap up our attention, our loving, but they give of themselves so that we may receive. God bless cats ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment